Thursday, July 7, 2011

Anime Expo Highlights

Boy, this years Anime Expo was the best I have seen in quite some time! Here is a list of highlights and events I attended:

Day 1
3:00 AM - 5:30 AM
Got up at 3:00 AM in the morning and arrived early at 4:00 AM. You got to beat the crowds to the registration line right? Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that the parking lots don't open until 5:30 AM! Commence driving around in circles for an hour and a half!

6:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Wait for registration lines to open. Passed out cards advertising the website while waiting in line.

9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Attended oping ceremonies. Hatsune Miku was scheduled to appear as a guest of honor but didn't show due to "Technical Difficulties." Honestly, I think they were just teasing us.

5:00 PM - 5:45
Met Vic Mingnogna for the 9th or 10th time. Sure helps if you both live in Southern California.

DAY 2

5:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Arrived at convention center. Passed out cards in line.

9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Waited in line for Hatsune Miku concert tickets. Thank God they didn't sell out after all.

11:00AM - 12:15 PM
Went to Vic Mignogna Concert and almost wasn't let in due to carrying a camera.

2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Went to premiere of Last Exile sequel.and got to meet the producers at Gonzo Studios.

4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Shopped around at the exhibit hall.

7:00 PM - 8:15 PM
Stood in line for Hatsune Miku concert.

8:30 PM - 9:45 PM
Saw Hatsune Miku concert. What an Experience! Gotta love that dancing and singing hologram!

DAY 3
6:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Arrived at convention center and locked my keys in the car. I must have burned away three hours trying to get them back!

 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
I took it easy for most of the day since I was burned out from the Hatsune Miku concert the previous night and accidentally locking my keys in the car.

7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Held my first panel at Anime Expo! What a barrel of laughs!

DAY 4
11:00 AM
Overslept! Wait a minute. Why spend driving an hour and waste gas and twelve dollars for parking if the convention ends in 4-5 hours by the time I get there? Decided to head home and recharge after three days of long, yet fun experiences at Anime Expo and I am definitely looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment